Fees are dependent on your Child Care Benefit (CCB%) and your eligibility for Child Care Rebate (CCR) – eligibility for both determined by Centrelink – see below for more information.

Please phone Little Possums on 02 6947 9090 with your CCB% to determine your estimated fee cost.

  • A non-refundable enrolment fee of $40 is required when you accept a position for your child Little Possums. Not applicable to waiting lists.
  • When you commence care 3 weeks fees are payable (1 week fees + 2 weeks bond). 2 weeks bond is refunded when 2 weeks notice is given to leave Little Possums.
  • A $40 per family non-refundable re-enrolment fee is required when returning your annual enrolment continuation form.

Payment of fees

Fees are to be paid weekly by Direct Debit only (Hub debit). Hub debit is a hassle free and secure system, which directly debits your fees from your nominated bank account or credit card each Wednesday, no cash is held on premises for the safety of our staff and children.

What is child care benefit?

Child Care Benefit (CCB) is a payment from the Australian Government that helps you with the cost of child care. You can choose to receive CCB as an annual lump sum payment or as reduced child care fees throughout the year.

The Child Care Benefit is income tested and is usually paid directly to approved Child Care Services to reduce the fees that eligible families pay.

You can apply for the Child Care Benefit online or in person through Centrelink. To apply online, visit theDepartment of Human Services website.

Child Care Rebate

An additional payment to the Child Care Benefit is the Child Care Rebate. The Rebate helps families cover the out-of-pocket costs of child care and it is not income tested. Even if your family income is too high for you to receive the Child Care Benefit, you may be eligible for the Child Care Rebate. It covers up to 50 per cent of out-of-pocket costs, up to $7,500 per child, per year.

Eligibility for the Child Care Rebate

You and your partner (if applicable) must have had work, training, study related commitments (or have an exemption) at some time during the week care is provided.

You must be using approved child care.

You or your partner must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident living in Australia or be exempted from the Australian Government’s residency requirements.

Children under seven years of age must meet the Australian Government’s immunisation requirements or have an exemption*.